Check to see if you have a Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 or Folic Acid deficiency from the comfort of your home and receive your results within days.
- Convenient home sample collection kit
- Certified laboratory testing
- Detailed GP-verified report and advice
Is an Essential Vitamins test right for you?
Vitamin D helps to absorb the minerals calcium and phosphorous within the body. Vitamin D is vital in forming and maintaining strong bones and teeth, regulating normal immune system function, maintaining heart and lung health and combating depression. A Vitamin D deficiency can increase the risk of developing thin bones, a condition referred to as osteoporosis.
Vitamin B12 is needed to make new cells within the body. It’s responsible for neurological function, producing DNA, maintaining a healthy nervous system and generating red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body. It is also an essential nutrient during pregnancy.
Folic acid, also known as Folate or Vitamin B9, generates red and white blood cells. It helps to produce DNA and RNA and is essential for the rapid growth of cells.
Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid work closely together to help make red blood cells and produce iron in the body. They also work together to produce S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), which is involved in immune function and mood.
Essential Vitamin Deficiency: are you at risk?
Essential Vitamin deficiency risk factors include:
- Vitamin D - older age, obesity, low or no exposure to the sun, darker skin pigmentation, and pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Vitamin B12 - autoimmune diseases including Type 1 Diabetes, strict vegetarian diets, older age and gut disorders.
- Folic Acid - pregnancy, lower digestive tract diseases (e.g. coeliac disease), poor diet, certain medications and high alcohol intake.
How to get tested in 3 simple steps...
It’s quick and easy to test your blood at home, and receive a GP-verified online report within days
Step 1: Activate Kit
Create a DocHQ account and register your unique kit ID
Step 2: Take Sample
Collect a blood sample from your finger. Send the sample to lab using pre-paid postage
Step 3: Receive Results
Receive your detailed GP-verified online report with guidance and next steps
Your common questions answered
When should you use our Essential Vitamins Check?
How accurate is our Essential Vitamins Check?
What cautions do I need to be aware of?
- Please read the information leaflet before use
- Test use for 18yrs+
- Keep kit out of reach of children
- Store kit in a cool dry place between 4°C-30°C
- The test is single-use only
- Do not use after expiry date
- For external use only
- Do not tamper with test before use
What are the symptoms of a deficiency in these essential vitamins?
A Vitamin D deficiency can be asymptomatic, but it can also contribute to symptoms including bone pain or tenderness, muscle pain or weakness.
A deficiency of vitamin B12 and Folic Acid can result in symptoms including fatigue, brain fog, nutritional issues, muscle weakness, depression, confusion or memory disturbances, a sore tongue, mouth ulcers, and pins and needles.