Understand your thyroid health today. Check your Thyroid Stimulating Hormone and Serum Free Thyroxine from the comfort of your home and receive your results within days.
- Convenient home sample collection kit
- Certified laboratory testing
- Detailed GP-verified report and advice
Is a Thyroid test right for you?
You should use our Thyroid Check if you are concerned you may have a thyroid disorder, have afamily history of a thyroid disorder, or are on treatment for a thyroid disorder and need to monitoryour thyroid hormone levels. One of the thyroid’s functions is to produce thyroxine, a hormone thathelps regulate the body's metabolism (the process that turns food into energy). Hyperthyroidism(an overactive thyroid) occurs when the body produces too much thyroxine. Hypothyroidism (an underactivethyroid) occurs when the body does not produce enough thyroxine. Our at-home Thyroid Check kit will letyou know if your thyroid gland is functioning within normal parameters, and can pick up a thyroid disorderbefore you develop any symptoms of a condition.Buy Now
Hypothyroidism: are you at risk?
Although anyone can develop hypothyroidism, you're at an increased risk if you:
- Are female
- Have a family history of thyroid disease
- Have an autoimmune disease (e.g. type 1 diabetes or coeliac disease)
- Have received treatment for hyperthyroidism
- Have had thyroid surgery, or radiation therapy on your neck or upper chest
Hyperthyroidism: are you at risk?
Risk factors for an overactive thyroid include:
- A family history of thyroid disease
- Having suffered with chronic illnesses, including Vitamin B12 or Folate deficiency, and hypoadrenalism.
- A recent pregnancy
How to get tested in 3 simple steps...
It’s quick and easy to test your blood at home, and receive a GP-verified online report within days
Step 1: Activate Kit
Create a DocHQ account and register your unique kit ID
Step 2: Take Sample
Collect a blood sample from your finger. Send the sample to lab using pre-paid postage
Step 3: Receive Results
Receive your detailed GP-verified online report with guidance and next steps
Your common questions answered
When should you use our Thyroid Check?
How accurate is our Thyroid Check?
What cautions do I need to be aware of?
- Please read the information leaflet before use
- Test use for 18yrs+
- Keep kit out of reach of children
- Store kit in a cool dry place between 4°C-30°C
- The test is single-use only
- Do not use after expiry date
- For external use only
- Do not tamper with test before use
What are the symptoms of a thyroid disorder?
Hyperthyroidism symptoms include:
- Mood swings or irritability
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Increased awareness of your heart beating, or a fast or irregular heart rate
- Disturbed sleep
- Tremors or shakes
- Weight loss
- Sensitivity to or intolerance of heat
Hypothyroidism symptoms include:
- Low mood or depression
- Muscular aches or pains
- Weight gain
- Sensitivity to or intolerance to the cold
- Dry skin and hair